Thursday, June 26, 2008

Talking with Eric - HOW COOL!

Well this is Randy Miller (BEST MAN at his wedding!) and I thought I would just put a quick note in about our conversations with Eric tonight. When I say we, I mean Kelby Hochstetler, Andy Collins, and Me. Tonight around 8:30ish the three of us went in to see Eric and found him sleeping on his belly. We didn't want to wake him, but after a couple minutes he rolled over and looked around at us. We encouraged him, joked with him, and told him how good looking he was. We talked with him about what happend to him, about things from the past, and just random things as well.

In one of our conversations, Andy said "Eric, Derek Rose went first in the NBA Draft" and Eric responded by saying "for the Bulls?" Which obviously means he knew which team had the first pick in the draft. Eric then proceeded to ask, "Who did the Magic get?", Which is totally like Eric to want to know the latest sports news.

During our time in there, he did complain about pain in his stomach and on his right side, but he answered all our questions and responded to all our comments. It was such an awesome time to be in there talking with him! How crazy, the other day we were so unbelievably upset, and today we were overjoyed.

When we first got in there I said "Eric did you see Andy over there?" and he said "yeah." Then I said "you see Kelby?" He mumbled "yeah." Next, Andy asked Eric if he knew who I was and he just grunted...it was funny. Anyway, it feels like I'm babbling, and I probably could quite a bit longer, but I will end it with this one last short conversation we had.

I said
"Eric, we had Dutch Heritage to eat tonight."
"You didn't get me any?"
"We've got more, and were eating fish fry tomorrow...you want some?"
"Yeah"
"Did you get a ticket?" (It's for a Palm Grove Youth Fundraiser)
"Yeah"
"Did you get one for Jana?"
"No"

Which is true, He got one for himself, but Jana didn't want one, so he remembered that from last week. Like I said already, it was awesome to be in there talking with him, and seeing the amazing improvements he has made in just today alone. We are anxiously looking forward to his progress in the days to come. Continue in your prayers, and don't forget to PRAISE THE LORD!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Troyer Family,
We are rejoicing with you as Eric has made incredible progress!God is so great!! You all are in our thoughts and prayers.
Jay, Sonya and girls

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing. It's just incredible, unbelievable and amazing!!

Thank you God.

Anonymous said...

E-ROCK!!!!

It's so amazing to see you're progress and recovery. Last night being in the same room with you and Randy and Andy made me realize how much I appreciate all of you as my friends and how much I love you guys. Yeah, I said I love you Eric. But I'll have you know you said it first! Randy left that part out. When Andy told you we were leaving and that we would be back tomorrow to see you, you said "thanks for coming, I love you guys". I think God has many reasons for why this happened to you and the affects we all felt from it. I think this will forever change the way our circle of friends see eachother and change the way we care for one another. I know your story is touching a lot of lives and is bringing everyone closer together. I will be in today to see you. I can't wait!

I love you Buddy

Kelby

p.s. I drilled a double cheeseburger in your honor Wednesday, it was on time!

Anonymous said...

You sure got a great group of family and friends Eric, it was so nice to meet such nice people who cared enough to send the police to my condo at 2 in the morning!

The picture of the tiny bass is priceless, I wish I had a picture of that 33 inch snook for you...
Get well soon, me, Chris and Rob will be bringing some Sonnys cornbread over as soon as you're ready for a lunch with the guys from work.

-mike goodhue

Anonymous said...

Happy Bagel Friday,

Mike forgot to mention that we actually went to Sonny's yesterday and he ate your cornbread...and by the way he was chowing down on it, yesterday was a good day for cornbread, so NEXT time we go, we'll pick some up for you!

Alright, get well and we'll see you later...CN says hi and wants to give you a roundhouse kick to the face!

Oh yea, almost forgot...
Chuck Norris destroyed the periodic table, because he only recognizes the element of surprise.
Chuck Norris knows the last digit of pi.
Chuck Norris' favorite cereal is Kellog's Nails'n'Gravel.

out...

Anonymous said...

Eric,
I'm finally getting a chance to leave you a note (I've been at the hospital for the past two days with you, Jana and your amazing family and circle of friends!)You have given me quite the scare Mr.! But I am overwhelmed with joy to know that you are making such tremendous improvements, and so glad I could witness them first-hand. I thank God everyday (multiple times a day) for the miracle He has worked in you. I am also thankful and proud to be part of such an amazing group of people who have rallied around you during this time - you are a blessed young man Eric! I can't wait for you to meet Andy Cratty - our angel on earth who saved your life on the beach - you're really going to think he is an awesome guy! I look forward to being there with you as you make more and more improvements. I will continue to pray for you and I know that God will keep his healing hand on you in the days to come!

Jill

Anonymous said...

Eric,

We are so happy to hear how well you are doing! PTL...He is definately showing his power through you!
We will continue to pray for you and your family!!

Mark and Myra

Anonymous said...

Eric -
I am so excited to hear about the progress you are making!! And I loved the story Randy shared...I could totally picture you saying just that.
And the next time I see you, me and you are having words for what you put Jana through! :-) Just kidding!!
You and Jana will continue to be in my prayers. Love you both!!!
Bec

Unknown said...

So glad to hear you're doing better Troyer! I want you to know that last night my fiance wouldn't let me walk the dogs because there was lightning WAY off in the distance!! She probably won't let me use the pool this summer either. Thanks!
Chad Rice

Unknown said...

Eric I have been praying for you and am so excited to hear how the Lord is healing you. God is so good!

jill

Anonymous said...

Eeeerock-
Man I love you bro. I'm super bumbed that i'm not able to be around right now. Kelby and my wife have been giving me updates a couple of times a day on how God has been healing you and i'm sooo stoked! I know that its a really hard time for you and has been for everyone but I know that God has a purpose for everything and I've already been able to see him move through whats been happening. Just wanted you to know that I love you and cant wait till we get back from tour and hear all that God's been doing. Just so you know the night everything happened we we're playing a show in St. Louis and I told a couple of kids about your situation and they in turn told some of their friends and it ended up that kids all over the country have been praying for you. God is good!
Mike S

Anonymous said...

Etroy,
Man I wish so much I was in town to come see you. Like Mike said above me we have been talking to kids all across the USA and kids have been praying for you all over the place. I'm really bummbed I have not gotten to see you in a long time. But you where always such amazing friend to me and everyone that you where around. Once your back on your feet we will half to have some good ole hang out time playing some euchre. Love ya buddy and I will come see you as soon as I get back in town. God has been touching so many people through this event. Be strong bro God has such a bigger picture for your life and all those around you.
See ya soon bud.
Jesse aka Dungy