Friday, June 27, 2008

Talking with Eric on the PHONE!

This is Rambling Randy Miller again! Well tonight we didn't get a chance to talk to Eric at the hospital, but we did get to talk to him on the phone. While we were at home, I called Loren (Eric's Dad) to see how he was doing, and to ask about going in to see him tomorrow. I told Loren to make sure and tell Eric that we were all wanting to come in and talk to him again. Loren then said "well why don't you talk to him right now?" I was like "OK, SWEET." Eric then got on the phone and said "What's up Miller?" It sounded so great to hear his "real voice". It was like hearing ERIC like always before...maybe a little tired...but still Eric. We did talk to him last night but he was tired and didn't quite sound like himself. Tonight, however, he was laughing on the phone, and even joked with us a little.

After getting Eric on the phone, I asked if it was ok with to put him on speaker phone because my wife Jenn (author of this blog...I'm so proud), Kelby (trying to take over BEST MAN status but not gonna!) and Jill (pregnant with a monkey baby), Rod (my older brother) and his wife Jessica (sherbet shoes), were all over at our house. We all took turns talking, joking, and encouraging Eric. It was so much fun. After our short conversations (5 minutes maybe) with Eric we all were so excited. We had just talked to our little ET and he sounded great. At the end of the conversation I asked Eric if he was tired, he of course said "yes"...so we told him to get some rest and that we would be in to see him tomorrow (Sat.)

Talking to Eric totally made our night. We have all had some rough days, but it all seemed to melt away when we talked to him.

Eric, if and when you read this blog...you need to know that we have been worried sick, scared, crying, --happy, joking, excited, praising the Lord and jumping for Joy, all because you are still here with us...WE ARE CRAZY ABOUT YOU, you little sand-bagging son of a gun.

WE LOVE YOU
Randy Miller

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Anonymous said...
I'll second that;(proud of the author) This is such a great way to stay in touch and know the specific prayer needs. I love reading Rambling Randy(son-in-law) and Kelby's posts. I can feel the love!! I knew Eric, Andy, Kelby, and Randy were close, but this confirmed it. Now, to Eric and Jana and their families, I will continue to pray for you. May God truly be glorified through this! Blessings, Esther